Monday, March 16, 2009

True friendship is seen through the heart, not through the eyes

The countdown has begun, I am sure you have all noticed the ticker that we added to count down the days.
This is all so very exciting now, as I feel that we are in the home stretch of this first part.
I had the baby box inspected Friday, and filled the doctors office in on our plans.
They were very supportive! I loved the midwife... he is a guy, but I was comfortable with that... after 5 kids, you really don't care much about who looks up in there! HA!
He suggested that I go for a mammogram... so I will. I did argue that one should probably have breasts in order to do that... he laughed... I guess my small ones qualify!

I started my second pack of birth control pills.
I will only take those for 14 days.
After that I will be checked to see if the lining of the baby box is looking embryo-friendly... if it is looking good, we will start the injections, one every third day... I will be checked on April 16th, then if all continues to look good, we will start the daily injections until the transfer on the 20th.

I will have my hubby do the injections, since he used to do that a lot when he worked for the WWF. HAHA! oops! did I say that??
Good thing I am not afraid of shots eh?

So that's the plan, folks.
I am stoked.
I got the legal contract in the mail today, Hubby and I will sign it and ship it back and that is the last piece of business.

I did have a moment of sadness when I received the contract.
On it was a little post it note from Baby Mama.
When I read it, I instantly realized that I no longer recognized her handwriting...
It had been THAT long.
There was a time that I recognized her handwriting as easily as my own.
I missed her so much. The social worker was concerned for no reason, I will never, again, walk away from our friendship.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys!!! If I can help from afar let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh you two make me cry..I'm so blessed to be a part of this. You two are two of the strongest women I know and I'm so glad that this friendship has blossomed again. Love you both..

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL..No worries, Egg Basket..you are going to be sick of my handwriting soon..I am gotta start sending you love notes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey now, she can have your baby, but she still belongs to me and Chrissy! No love note passing, we don't approve of that type of behavior!!!

    ReplyDelete