Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pre-Transfer Update

Okay, so clearly Egg Basket outblogs me..so I am in charge of the pre-transfer entry.

First, the logistics- Egg Basket went to the doctor on Wednesday for the real lining check and of course it was beautiful. There is a range of lining thickness within which they will do the transfer and an ideal thickness..Egg Basket is ideal! The nurse actually said perfect! She also had bloodwork done, which was perfect as well. So then on Thursday night she started injecting herself with the big, thick, stinging progesterone and oil...and of course has not complained at all. I actually watched her do this yesterday and got to squeeze the medicine in..I guess it sounds worse than it is because she never winced and it didn't even leave a mark.

That is the next piece...Egg Basket is here! Maragarita transported the goods to D.C. Friday night and then I picked her up on Saturday afternoon. We got the call from SGFC (the fertility folks) that our transfer is 12:15 on Monday. We have to be there at 11:45, Egg Basket has to have a *moderately full bladder* which we are still laughing about..I mean seriously, moderately full? not too much, not too little? Anyway, we also were told not to wear perfume or scented lotions...we can't figure out why..maybe the totsicles are already allergic? and then we were told we must have picture I.D.s or they will not do the procedure..then Egg Basket scared the heck out of me when she couldn't find hers...only lasted about 2 minutes before she located it ..but phew! I guess the docs figure it is important to identify Egg Basket and not put my totsicles in the wrong oven . Guess that makes sense :)

So that covers the logistics..as for the rest..well, it is a little more than 24 hours away..I am anxious, nervous, excited, sad..you know....the regular mixed emotions. But what I know most is that we have done all we can do, and as Egg Basket pointed out, we have the ideal conditions, the rest are up to the totsicles...latch on or not. I think the next two weeks while we have to wait to see if it takes will be long...however, Egg Basket will update after the procedure tomorrow since she has to be on bed rest anyway. As for me, I am above all, happy to have the chance to try and honored to share it with my big sister.

6 comments:

  1. I'm rooting for you all the way! And thanks, now I know who Margarita is! :) Sending love, luck and light to you all from sunny New England! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all of your friends and family, and family friends, and friendly family (okay, enough already) are incredibly privileged to be sharing with you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has truly been wonderful being able to read your blog and sharing a bit of this roller coaster ride with you. Craig, Lucy and I are praying and rooting for you all the way!! All the best!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and hugs plus lots of prayers coming to you all from Oregon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to bake challah with a bracha for you on Friday. I am thinking of you and hoping for twins!

    ReplyDelete