Monday, April 20, 2009

Virginia Slims anyone?

As you may know, today was the day for the frozen embryo transfer.

We arrived at SGFC at approximately 11:45. I came, as instructed, with my “moderately full” bladder, no scented lotion and perfumes and perfectly ideal uterus.
Since there is little else about me that is perfect, I am glad my uterus was able to accommodate the occasion!

The happy parents and I waited for our turn to get knocked up!
After they called us into the top secret totsicle insertion area (aka Area 51 haha) and they checked our ID’s to make sure we were the right people for the right totsicles.

We got some incredibly fashionable blue paper shoes, which “E” dubbed our “Manolo’s” … “C” eat your heart out!

Baby Mama and I were in the room and after I was situated for the transfer, the doc came in to have us sign the consent and all that.

The doc informed Baby Mama that the two thawed embryos looked very good, one was 80-85% and the other was 95%. He explained that they look for 75% or higher, so they were in a very good range. Now if you are really curious about the significance of these percentages… Google “frozen embryo morphology scale” and you, too, can become a reproductive fertility and endocrinology expert as I have this afternoon after 6 hours of bedrest!

As I promised you all, just as I was lying back and the Doc was pointing his “spotlight” on my perfect parts, I happily exclaimed “YAY! I am ready for my close-up” While the doc found me quite amusing … the attending nurse and ultrasound technicians, not so much. HAHA!

The whole process took only about 10-15 minutes and Baby Mama and I were able watch on the ultrasound monitor. I was surprised that there was very little discomfort and we were even able to see the totsicles on the monitor.

AT this point, everything looks as good as it possibly can and we now begin our two-week-wait.

Not gonna lie folks, I have definitely had more fun getting knocked up in the past, but as the three of us walked to the elevator, we did have a strange desire for a cigarette…

3 comments: