Monday, April 27, 2009

Waiting Sucks!

So waiting sucks...just thought I'd throw that out there...we are smack in the middle, one week post-transfer, one week pre-pee on a stick...just waiting...
Now, if you have ever had to wait for something in your life, I mean really wait, not the 10 extra minutes it takes the idiot who can't figure out your coffee in the morning, but really wait, you might know what I am talking about...The feeling of your heart always being two inches from your throat..the anticipation that runs through you when the phone rings...the smack you give yourself as you walk too far down the "what if" road...that inability to sleep because all you see are blue lines and plus signs (made more interesting since it isn't ME peeing on the stick!)...
Ya, waiting sucks!
Then there are the questions..folks, I love ya all and I (the emotional one) couldn't get through this without all of your love and support..BUT..seriously, stop asking me how Egg Basket feels! She feels "Fine"...that is it..she never had any indication on any of her other FIVE pregnancies that anything was amiss until well after the pee tests...so it is not a surprise that she feels fine now...I know it is awkward and you all are waiting along with us (Did I mention waiting sucks?), but I don't know how she feels (other than fine) and every time someone asks me, it makes me crazy! Now, if you really want to know, every time someone asks me how *she* feels, it is a little reminder that it isn't how *I* feel...probably why I am being so sensitive..I am working hard not to make her crazy with the daily 700 questions so please bare with me and help me remain sane...
So that is it..short post..just to let you all know that EB and I (and our significant others and all of you) are still waiting..and that it sucks...update next Monday with results..good or bad...

4 comments:

  1. Did it ever occur to you that waiting *really* sucks? Some of us are just very quietly lurking here in the background biting our fingernails in sympathy. Hang in there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hang tight!! I can tell you lots of inappropriate jokes if that will make waiting suck a little less...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's compose some poems about waiting - hey better yet - can we send Baby Mama on an all expenses paid vacation for a week? That should help :) Thinking of all of you each and every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it's all goin well. I find myself thinking about your situation often and wonder how things are going.
    It's an old and obvious saying, so I hope it doesn't make your eyes roll...
    The best things really do come to those who wait ;o)

    ReplyDelete