Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Full Speed Ahead!

So..we have our first big news....

The doctor approved everything! He thinks that Egg Basket is an awesome choice and that our chances of success are 40% (which sounds low, but when you compare to *natural* pregnancy, which is only 25% that is really great!). Okay..so

First- there is a 90% chance that the totsicles survive the defrost....he is advising us to only defrost two, if they both look good, he will implant both, if one or both don't look great, he will defrost the third and implant all three. He points out that with only 2 totsicles implanted we still have a 20% chance of twins, which is my secret wish :) If we have to implant all 3, then the chance of pregnancy goes up to between 50-55%, the chance of twins to 30-35% and the chance of triplets to 15%! Although I would love twins or triplets (the fertility jackpot as I consider it), I understand the doctor's concerns..he had some choice words for the chic that just had octuplets!

Next- he was so excited and on board with all of this that he added hours to his calendar and is actually going to see egg basket THIS Friday! He will do the first *meet and greet* with her and do his own check of her baby box. He is also trying to schedule the mandatory session with the social worker for this weekend so that her husband can be here and we can clear that hurdle.

The procedure is that egg basket and her husband have to have some blood work, the meet and greet and exam of the baby box, then an exam of all the baby box extensions and then egg basket takes two weeks of estrogen and time for transfer! This is much faster than the last time because they don't do mock cycles anymore...the doctor feels that at the most we are looking at 3 months until a transfer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And since he can get her in and clear some hurdles this weekend, it is likely to be sooner!!!!!!!!

Finally, and of a little least importance..the whole adventure is going to cost us about 1/4 of what we thought! Phew! and if we have to do the last totsicle seperately, it is even less. This does relieve some burden for my husband and I which makes it all even a little more exciting.

So- I am now officially excited! wow..still digesting all of this and will have more to say soon...but maybe egg basket has some thoughts first :)

Thanks again everyone for your well wishes today...it was really comforting and made walking in there a little easier today knowing that all of you were with me.

7 comments:

  1. I love the names Egg Basket and Baby Mama.
    Sending you lucky, successful, healthy egg and mama thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, I have to say that I was cracking up (at the wisely chosen words you use)and almost crying at the same time. I don't want to get too excited too soon, but I have to be honest, I'm wicked excited! Fingers crossed and positive energy is what I'm sending your way. Love you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani,
    So happy that things are going well. We'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news. I hope all goes well at Egg Baskets appointment today.

    ReplyDelete