Friday, February 6, 2009

Thirsty?

So..I am getting a little nervous about our upcoming visit to our totsicles..yup, you read that right..it is like popsicles, but they aren't made of fruit juice!

Seriously..we will be sitting in the doc's office and I will know that they are down the hall..or one floor up, or whatever..but in the same building..those little frozen tots that *could* eventually, maybe, someday, with lots of luck, be our child/ren...I wonder if I can ask to see them? just check in..make sure the temperature is good, you know?

Not to mention I am a bit nervous about what the doc has to say...I am guessing he will say, "got the check? good..full speed ahead"..BUT there is always the smallest, minutest possibility he tells me "all your totsicles melted in the last power outage" or "It is only a 2% chance of working" or something about egg basket not being a good candidate..then I will have to punch him...hard.

I know that no matter what he says, its always better to know, but still...anxiety is definitely rising. And, much to my total frustration, some folks think I am premature in having *any* emotion about this whole thing...Yup, I was actually told today that I am being premature, that there is nothing to tell anyone and that since *nothing* has happened, this person couldn't understand why I would have any anxiety.
Right..nothing has happened...in case you missed it insensitive lug, my old dear friend just offered to carry my babies! So, we made the decision to dump our applecart over, open our hearts and act on our last hope..forgive me if I thought our friends might be interested.

So anyway..only 4 more days to our visitation with the totsicles...if it goes poorly, you bring the booze, I'll bring the ice!

3 comments:

  1. Who the hell had the cojones to say that to you? I would've punched it upside the head and said "Clearly, I have plenty of people who love me and want to follow this journey with us, and think I have the right to be nervous"...seriously, I want a name principessa lol..I love you guys and I think that you have the right to have any emotion you want to have...what a freakin moron..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The insensitive ass can take a flying leap!

    You have every right to be nervous, excited, emotional, hell nauseous. Whatever the doctor says, it is best to know going in the reality.

    It will be fine, Egg basket makes babies, that is like her 'thing'. You guys will knock this out of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All six of you amaze me! xo M :)
    P.S. You're on my mind tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete