Tuesday, February 24, 2009

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves

Ahh, I guess it is my turn to blog.
We are in the waiting phase. I am taking my birth control pills every evening. Which makes me feel like barfing every morning. That is un-fun.
I think I can handle a few weeks of that, though.

I have been thinking about Baby Mama’s recent blog entry. I have been processing how I feel about how SHE feels.

I can’t say that I understand how she feels. I can certainly empathize. I think, for me, offering to do this is truly the only way that I CAN help.

The only fear I have in this journey, is the overwhelming sadness that I would have, if it were not successful. Not sadness for myself (although I may experience a sense of defectiveness if that happens) but I am very certain my heart would ache more for Baby Mama and her husband ….. far worse than any feelings of failure on my part. That is a heavy thought for me to grasp.

Generally, I avoid grasping that thought. Maybe I am in denial, but I have a really positive feeling about this. And, no, I am not psychic or any of that…. So don’t call me “swami” or anything like that… (Although I AM pretty great, I’ll admit…… LOL)
It’s just a gut feeling. This was the way things were meant to happen...

I think it perfectly normal for Baby Mama to have a lot of emotions about this process. Adding to one’s family is a huge decision. Even under the best of circumstances. When things aren’t “perfect” by conventional standards, I think it certainly heightens the sensitivities.
But I know, in my heart, that this is going to be a positive and uplifting experience and I can’t wait for the next step!
I love you Baby Mama, and I am ALWAYS here for you.

5 comments:

  1. You both ROCK! There are so many of us rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you all can see how amazing Egg Basket really is..she is getting nauseous every morning from the pills and preparing to inject herself in two weeks and yet she is worried about ME. This is one more reason that I am so incredibly grateful for Egg Basket..this is a team effort and I am so blessed that she can carry the hope when I just can't. Egg Basket- love is not strong enough to describe how I feel about you...you have quite literally become an exentsion of myself and I couldn't live without you. I hope you always know that I more than love you every moment of everyday. Thank you for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both rock and the myriad of emotions is totally expected. We are here for you for the long haul! XO M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that feeling to homie. This is going to be good for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I figured I would finally make a comment as I have been tracking this blog. I'm not one for expressing my opinions often if at all. I wanted you both to know that I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. I think what Egg basket is doing is an astonishing gift to give. I respect you so much for what you are doing and for the person you have always been. You have always been a friend that is there in all times of need. You are one terrific person Egg Basket! As for baby mama, as your little bro, I want you to know how much I hope this works out for you. Im keeping my fingers crossed. I love you and I know how much this all means to you. I know this isnt easy for you and I wish you the best. You have been there so may times for me and I want you to know that I am here for you. I truely believe that that certain person from up above is looking down upon you and will bless you. I am always here for you sis. I love you.

    ReplyDelete